Information Design/ Project 1

 

09/01/2023 - 24/02/2023 
Goh Jia Yih / 0342839 / Bachelor of Mass Communication 
(Advertising and Brand Management)
Information Design/ Project 1






INSTRUCTIONS




Project 1 : Instructable Infographics Poster

For this project, we are required to come up with a design of an instructable poster infographic from video recipes from the Pasta Grannies youtube channel.

After watching some recipes, I finally found the one that I like the most and here is the video that I've chosen:



Figure 1.0: How to make a classic tiramisù dessert from Treviso! | Pasta Grannies



After watching the video, the recipe made me want to taste the tiramisu. Then I proceed to study and break down the information and processes into 6 major steps. 





Figure 1.1: Information Break Down



Moving forward, I started to search for references and compile them to produce a mood board. Besides, I searched for relevant infographic samples to have a better idea of the layout. The colour chosen is a warmth palette that reflects the mood of the video.




Figure 1.2: Mood Board



After deciding my visual style, I then started to think and plan the layout of my poster.




Figure 1.3: Sketch



I started illustrating my assets and try and arrange them in the layouts I've planned.



Figure 1.4: Illustrated Assets 1



Figure 1.5: Illustrated Assets 2


Moving on next, I tried to arrange the assets on my layout to get figure out the best composition to place them.





Figure 1.6: Workspace in Adobe Illustrator




Figure 1.7: Draft/1



After that, I added more elements to the background to make it appear less empty.




Figure 1.8: Workspace in Adobe Illustrator




Figure 1.9: Draft/2




Final Submission




Figure 2.0: Final Instructable Infographics Poster




Animation

We are also required to animate an infographic video of the recipe that we've chosen by using the asset we have illustrated.



Figure 2.1: Background



I illustrated the background of the animation based on the reference to Mara's kitchen in the video.



Figure 2.2: Video Background




Figure 2.3: Working progress in Adobe After Effects



Final Submission




Figure 2.4: Final Animated Instructable Poster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography/ Task 1: Exercises